LRIG Forum  

Go Back   LRIG Forum > The Boardroom > Web Happenings

View Poll Results: Which new logo design do you prefer?
Version 1 3 17.65%
Version 2 3 17.65%
Version 3 0 0%
Version 4 5 29.41%
Version 5 5 29.41%
Version 6 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2006, 09:39 AM

Default Vote 2 Can we add a microplate

Hello,

Manfred Remer excellent job, very creative. I prefer 2, but was wondering could we add a microplate?

Thanks,
Y
Old 03-02-2006, 11:09 AM

Default New LRIG Logo Prototypes

I'm no graphics artist, and Manfred most obviously is, but I share the concern that the appearance of most of these designs would degrade quickly with reduction and/or single color reproduction.

I think version 5 would be most resistant to these effects, but could possibly be improved by increasing the relative size of the arm and especially of the gripper and by reducing the thickness of the frame's inside edge to increase the contrast between the background and the labware. I would also like to see a microtiter plate somewhere, but wonder what that would look like on a one inch scale.

It would be nice if enough people could agree on something to suggest that we really do share a common interest. Maybe simplifying the group logo to just the arm and the frame with the lettering on the outside would help achieve consensus and give more scope for local chapters to express their undeniably rugged individuality?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:07 PM

Thumbs up v1 with solid blue letters, like v2

Great job, Manfred !
Thank you !
We've been looking at ways to build on the LRIG "brand" but at the same time differentiate ourselves and this is an excellent solution.

I like framing of version 1 but like the contrast provided by the solid letter in v2.

Best regards,
Tom Strader
Midwest LRIG
Old 03-07-2006, 03:17 PM

Question New Logo feedback.

Hello,

Manfred Remer did a very creative job with this design, but I share the same concerns as the others: the current contrast and fading color will make this logo very difficult to utilize in a monochrome set. Moreover, the new design even though attractive with the robotic arm demonstrates a strong focus on robots, where LRIG connects a much wider population of scientists, technologists, researchers and business associates. As some already suggested, micro titer plates would be attractive to some, molecules to others, and pipettors to some more.

The current gears represents connection, team, technology and movement (innovation). It is very simple, high in contrast, and relatively well recognized now by members and partners.

May I ask the motivation behind the possible change of the logo?

I thank Manfred for this proposition, and would like to discuss it.

Regards,
Pierre.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Starting Member

Is it just my PC, or are the links to the logos broken? All I can see are little X's where the images should be.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Andy Zaayenga Send a message via AIM to Andy Zaayenga Send a message via MSN to Andy Zaayenga Send a message via Yahoo to Andy Zaayenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt215
Is it just my PC, or are the links to the logos broken? All I can see are little X's where the images should be.
Thanks for the heads up - the link was broken when we moved from the beta to the official site. It's working now.

Andy
Old 05-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Starting Member

Has to be Version 5; Just seems a lot 'cleaner' than the other versions.

Just another random thought... Rather than a wholesale change to the logo, would another option be just to update the current logo? That way at least we'd be building on what's gone before, rather than seemingly rebranding?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:39 PM

Thumbs up #5 Most Impactful

Version 5 is definitely the most noticable. I like the new look, but the blue lets you remember how LRIG started. Sounds sappy I know, but that's how #5 impacted me.